Keeping In Touch Network provide a Companionship service for people who enjoy the company of others.
With recent snow conditions and the remaining cold winter months ahead we are particularly keen to speak to people who know of someone living alone.
Our companions can provide the contact and friendship via regular, scheduled telephone and skype calls. This can help overcoming the need to venture out into cold and icey conditions to see people.
Our Customer’s families can’t always spend as much time as they would like to look after their elders. Keeping In Touch Network's Companions can help fill this gap and maintain regular, scheduled contact with the person you are conerned about.
This year over 500,000 people spent the festive period on their own and there are many others who suffer from being out of contact as the year unfolds.
We can help to address these situations.
I'm looking for companionship...
Our aims at Keeping In Touch are to:
- Provide regular, reliable contact with the elderly
- Deliver stimulating, fun and active conversation
- Break into the monotony of the day
- Take a proactive interest in our Customer's welfare
- Overcome any sense of protracted periods of isolation
- Enable people to have a chat about whatever they like
- Be a consistent friend every day we call
- Providing this social interaction has shown to have a very positive impact on people’s states of mind and their health. Engaging with people, who “don’t want to be a burden” but still want to talk, is what we excel at.
"Research shows that loneliness has a similar impact on mortality as smoking, and is worse for us than obesity. It has significant links to hypertension, depression, and increases the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease by 50%."
Source: Jama Network